what to do when accident occurs?
Mishaps do occur in day to day living even when we are utmost careful. Some events are unavoidable but what we need to make sure is that we are well prepared in advance for any such unpleasant events in our lives. Below is a brief list which we help you make the right decision when calamity strikes your door.
1. First thing is to notify the police and call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
2. Let the authorities execute their duty with least resistence from your side.
3. If your vehicle is right in the middle of the road make sure you take it somewhere safe to avoid further loss to the vehicle.
4. Be Observant in order to be able to answer the authorities for further cross questioning. Take pictures if possible.
5. Insist on breath tests if you suspect drugs or alcohol are involved.
6. Don't get carried away in case the person causing the damage tries to bribe you remember you had an auto accident.
7. Have the insurance company inspect and appraise the damage before any steps are taken to repair it.
8. Cooperate with the auto insurance company representative in the investigation, defense or settlement.
9. Send your insurance claim copies to the authorities if needed while originals are with you. If you were injured in the accident also attach your medical report alongwith this
10. File a claim.